Boston





A beautiful picture of Boston I found on the web
I am not sure what to feel right now so here I am typing away. The Boston Marathon such a historic and loved event. Here we are again... another incident. Another act of violence towards innocent people again. How much more can we take? How much more can New England endure, The Country endure, and the World endure? I feel such sadness that another incident has taken place. I don't like to feel hopeless but I get a sense the world that I love is really changing and I don't think I like the road we are going down. 

I feel for the runners, the spectators, the hundreds and hundreds of volunteers that help to put on the Boston Marathon. I never like to ask why something has happened but I just wonder, "How could you, whoever you are?" I feel like I am asking that question a lot lately. What makes a person feel so much hatred that they focus all their energy into thoughts and plans of violence and murder? When will enough be enough? When will people feel enough pain to start changing things? It is such a difficult concept to,  "Love Thy Neighbor?"

Boston Harbor
I know we are all human and each one of us have felt anger and rage so strong that the idea of hurting someone may seem appealing...but where has our compassion gone? I don't want to think that we, as a race, are losing compassion and empathy, but are we? The thought that this might turn into another incident that will become an endless political debate just exhausts me. I wonder...Is it possible to live a life hiding in my house, under the covers, with no news coming in to me? I know it is not, but if only. 

I don't want to feel fear walking down the street or driving in my car. I don't want to be afraid to board a plane that someone will hijack it and fly it into a building. I don't want to feel afraid to take my children to see a movie that someone will start shooting randomly in the movie theatre. I don't want to feel fear as I watch my children leave my car and walk into school that someone might hurt them. Is nothing sacred anymore? 
I want to feel pride as I cheer runners approaching a finish line. I want to feel Joy that I am spending a night with my family going to watch the next big movie. I want to feel love as I watch my children go into a school that they love going to because they have great friends and great teachers. I want to feel excitement when I am boarding a plane because traveling is a life long passion of mine. 

I want to stop hearing stories about people hurting each other or themselves. I want to hear stories of love, compassion, and understanding. I want to hear about people coming together, paying it forward and giving of themselves. I know those stories are out there but every time there is another incident, I feel like we as a society, we get a little farther away. We become farther from what we are born to be. Farther from what life is about while we are here on earth. Farther from living out our life's purpose. It truly is a dreadful thought.

Boston Harbor
I started out on my FB page today talking about light. Light was a theme for me today. I notice as I am typing this I am sitting in a darkened room that matches my mood. So here and now I am making a conscious effort to get up and turn on the light. I am choosing to hold on to my love and hope. I am choosing to continue to shine my light for others. If nothing else maybe it will find them and bring them back home. The brighter each one of our light shines we will have a chance to push out darkness. We can reach individuals that maybe could not see the light on their own. I am choosing to be a beacon of light today for anyone that needs it, wants it and desires it. Will you join me? Will you shine your light today for others? Will you help the lost come back home? If we come together there is no telling what we can do.

Ciao,
Sally

Comments

  1. Thank you, Sally, for taking the time to put into words what a lot of us are feeling right now. What darkness has permeated our society, country, world? How do we change the rot?
    Love. Loving just because we can. Being Light bearers. I join in your beacon of light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie Thank you for your beautiful comment! You are so right, love is the way. I am grateful always for your support.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Home Again

I am from...