Home Again

I am home again after five amazing days in majestic Montana. Five amazing days with a family of friends that I just met. Who knew I would meet so many soul friends in such a short period of time. Maybe it was the magic of Montana, the fresh cold air or all the vegan food that we ate. I can't say for sure what is attributing to this new connection of love but it's there. So now what to do when you spend five days in a feeling of bliss. What to do about school runs, laundry, grocery shopping, answering the phone.... could that same recording phone call please stop calling my house. Walk the dogs, clean the dogs, and make those lists. Pay the bills, teach CCD class, did they pick a Pope yet? 

 I am not even sure how to eat. I never had a problem with that, though others might say, "She was always a picky eater." Can I really ingest animal products ever again? Well, maybe a turkey meatball or chicken cutlet would be fine but I have no desire to have it right now... sorry Mom! 

My mind is buzzing with all this information but it's floating in circles without processing anything. It's a borderline headache, heartache and any other ache I could come up with. Sure that goes over well, sorry I am unable to function today because I have been staying in isolation with ten other strangers in Montana who, by the way, are my new family.  Even though you really are my family and I am home and I am happy to be home, I just can't function. Maybe it was the plane rides, time change or just the really friendly guy that tried to talk to me the whole time on the plane when I just wanted to sleep. 

Really I am not asking for sympathy, empathy or anything else with athy attached to it. I have downed 6 cups of the Woman's tea blend that I brought home, which is supposed to help with hormones. That could explain the light headiness,  but to no avail I am useless. Maybe I should head over to the Coffee Traders in Avon for some high octane. That is my favorite afternoon run when a pick me up is in order. 

To understand that spending five days, writing, talking, sharing.....no negative comments please!!! Maybe I will use that with the girls; time for dinner, homework, clean your rooms.......no negative comments please. This trip has awakened a fire that wants to spread, move, burn but its course is unsure. Especially with water sprouting everywhere threatening to burn it out. Yet it is just day one. I am sure in no time I will adjust and be running around like the crazy mother, wife, dog owner, horse lover, painter and now writer that I usually am. If you see me around town anytime soon and I look like I just left a cult it's OK really. I will be back to myself in no time at all.

Ciao
Sally

Comments

  1. Love it Sally. Keep the vibe going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read more. I am so happy you had that kind of experience. Montana can really help in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jess. Montana is magical as you know

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an amazing trip! Anxious to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to hear about your amazing retreat. I felt similarly after I hiked/camped in the Rockies for two weeks - returning to "reality" was so difficult after such an enlightening immersion in the natural world. Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny! I look forward to seeing you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why am I here? A journey from middle school to high school.

Boston